The guys over at Tokyo Dawn Labs have just released a new version of the FREE TDR VOS SlickEQ.
They call this one THE Gentleman’s Edition
This Paid version takes the free version and put it’s on a whole new level by adding an exotic “Tilt”-filter flanked by flexible low-pass and high-pass filters. It comes equipped with five distinct EQ models which provide a rich set of EQ curves for your mixing tastes
It comes with an elaborate auto gain option. This option automatically compensates for changes of perceived-loudness during EQ (within reasonable limits). The gain trim option allows you to control the output to make sure you aren’t overloading the output.
The 64bit multi-rate processing scheme (a.k.a. “internal re-sampling”) practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency-warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
There’s also a slew of other features that come with this EQ that truly do make it a beauty and a work of ART.
Key specs and features
- Modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure
- Three semi-parametric filter bands, each with two shape options
- Five distinct EQ models: American, British, German, Soviet and Japanese
- Low band offers an optional phase-lag able to delay low frequencies relative to higher frequencies
- High pass filter with optional “Bump” mode
- Low pass filter with two different slopes (6dB/Oct and 12dB/Oct)
- Parametric Tilt filter with optional “V” mode.
- Six output stages: Linear, Silky, Mellow, Deep, Excited and Toasted
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“Stateful saturation”)
- Highly effective loudness compensated auto gain control
- Stereo, mono and sum/difference (mid/side) processing options
- Frequency magnitude plot
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more